Thursday, July 14, 2005

Coolest CAT in town

Listen up Chris and Alex. Today after a few lectures we had a bunch of free time in Delhi. I was able to get a cab, with Purnima's help, and go to a tailor. While there Jon and I picked out fabric for a new suit. I am pretty stoked about it. It will be 150 knit cashmere suit. It is a dark blue color with a really nice sheen; the inner linning is crimson. I will go back in for a refitting after we get back from Lucknow, then pick it up for good before I leave. Be jealous; Be very jealous. I also got a piece of cloth sewed at another tailor. That specific man thought I was Sikh, from America. By the end of our converstation he also thought I was very good friends with a few of his other valued Sikh customers. Eventually he was very willing to make my adjustments at that very moment while I stood there. Donna and I were commenting on how our role has changed while being here. At home we are college students - not very high on the social ladder and always blamed for social discontent. However, here we are treated like traveling scholars and ambassadors with the highest form of social respect. I will definately miss more than the 3 wonderfully cooked meals a day when I go back to the states. But don't worry, all of you are worth it. Shout out to Mom, Sia, The Fam, the gang, Crimson, black, the home valley, Eugene, and Annie.

AA

No comments: