Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back in Delhi

We left Jaipur and drove to Delhi today. I have a crimson turban and I got mistaken for a Northern Indian 5 times (Pat I am truly becoming your leige brother.) Today we were supposed to go to an animal reserve, but high alert for poachers prevented us. I saw the Indian Bonham tonight, ok, not quite but he was damn good. We went to the program headquarters in Gurgaon and watched some Qawalli singers. I don't know if it is appropriate to call a Sufi "pimp" but this guy was. The drummer went to town on his hand drums for well over 2 hours; it was very impressive. It was followed by a very nice reception. There was another AIIS group there; those individuals were high school teachers that were getting an "update" in their curriculum. Hope everything is going well at home - don't be afraid to shoot me an email. It is nice to have a connect with E-burg. Shout out to Mom, Sia, The Fam, Ester, the church family, the office, CWU, those without internet capacity, roomates, primates, and Mr. Singh.

AA

1 comment:

faith said...

Are roomates and primates the same thing?