Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July

Hello All, Sorry I have not been blogging much so far, this is the first time that I am not paying 25 cents a minute to use the internet. I believe now I have told everyone to check this site so I can write a single message to all. I am finally in India. We came in at about 1 am on the morning of the 4th. I am not quite sure but I must be at least 13 hours ahead of E-Burg. I did not get to go to Milan, nor did I get here a day early. After our flight cancellation on Thursday, I was scheduled to fly out of Dulles Airport on Friday. Instead I spent the entire day in the airport; I did not even make it past the initial ticket counter. Throughout the day represenatives of Northwest were rude, demeaning and even lied to me (I wrote about 6 pages in my journal on the incident just to calm myself.) Eventually, on Saturday I flew out with Chris B., Chris C. and Jo. My flight buddy to Amsterdam was a very smelly Dutch man, but the flight went supprisingly quickly. In Amsterdam we left the airport and grabbed a train into the city - wow. I have never seen a social structure that was built so completely around Pot, Mushrooms, and Sex. Also, when we arrived a large party of about 45,000 youth had gotten over, so there were large groups of people walking around in all white. We did have a delay in Amsterdam because our engine might have been broken, but that was the end of the excitement. Our arrival in India was almost anticlimatic, but I think that was a good thing. Today we are going to a market where I can purchase authentic Indian garb; I am also excited to reunite our cohort. Shout out to Mom, Sia, the fam, the gang (Faithius, Mundy, CB), The Office, Castle, Luke, V Hook, DHC.

-AA

1 comment:

faith said...

Sorry, Love! I know about sitting next to smelly people when you travel! :(